Posting images of your artwork to Facebook and other social media platforms is a great way to promote yourself. If you don't do anything else, keep those images coming! But every time you post, you have a valuable opportunity to tell your followers something about your brand in words, or to put it another way, to open the door and invite your followers into your world. It's okay for the text to be short and sweet, and you can write a brief but meaningful message in no time at all.
To get you started, here are 27 questions, any one of which might inspire a great blog post. Many will have more than one answer, so there's even more for you to share!
Write about your subjects
- Why did you work from this subject (the one you're about to post)?
- What's your favorite subject, and why?
- What are your favorite colors or color palettes, and why?
- What's your favorite time of year, and how does it influence your art?
- What's your favorite kind of weather, and how does it influence your art?
- How do the other interests in your life influence your art?
Write about your materials
- What's your favorite medium, and why?
- Do you ever combine mediums, and why?
- What's your favorite surface to work on?
- What are your favorite tools, and why?
Write about your process
- How do you design a new piece?
- How do you start a new piece?
- How do you finish a piece?
- How do you evaluate a work of art? What do you look for?
- Where do you prefer to create your art? In what environment?
- Tell us about your studio.
Write about your art career
- Describe a major milestone and why it was important to you.
- Describe an important goal for the future.
- What is your earliest memory of making art?
- Which galleries are currently representing you?
- What shows are you participating in?
- What organizations do you belong to, and why?
Write about your feelings about art
- What is it about art that brings you joy?
- What are you most proud of regarding your art?
- What frustrates you the most when you're making art?
- If you're in a creative funk, how do you get out of it?
- Does your work have a message, and if so, what is it?
How about you? What do you like to post about? Let's connect!